Writing for Journalists - Wynford Hicks, with Sally Adams & Harriett GilbertRoutledge, 2003, Paperback.
Condition: Very Good.
From the cover: “Writing for Journalists is about the craft of journalistic writing: how to put one word after another so that the reader gets the message or the joke, goes on reading and comes back for more. Whether students, trainees or professionals.
Writing for Journalists is a practical guide for all those who write for publication in newspapers and periodicals. Writing for Journalists introduces the reader to the essentials of good writing. Using many examples of previously published work and critically analysing stories and reviews from daily and weekly newspapers, magazines, periodicals and specialist trade journals.”
Writing for Journalists includes:
- Advice on how to start writing and recommendations on about how to improve and develop your style
- How to write a news story which is informative and interesting for readers
- Tips on feature writing from profiles to product round-ups
- How to research, structure and write reviews
- A glossary of journalistic terms and suggestions for further reading